Chantilly-Senlis, land of events!
Take part in exhibitions, thematic guided tours, rallies, workshops but also in major events that highlight an exceptional heritage.
The major events to be found each year in the Chantilly-Senlis destination:
On to the theatre!
- The "Senlis fait son théâtre" Festival in the historic heart of Senlis. Aimed at a family audience, this festival has the specificity of proposing amateur and professional shows, of different registers in the heart of Senlis' heritage, in places that are not all predestined to host live shows.
- The Coye-la-Forêt Theater Festival in May. A theater festival, one of the oldest in France, which brings together every year for more than 15 days more than 6,000 spectators, around often demanding plays, this is not so frequent.
- The “Stage in the Garden” Festival at the Théâtre de la Faisanderie in the Potager des Princes. Every weekend in July, August and September. The magic of a theater where nature is the setting. Classic, modern pieces, for children or adults, Its particularity: the stage installed on the water where the natural decor is integrated into original stagings.
Let the music !
- " open-air opera takes place every year in the enchanting setting of the Théâtre de la Faisanderie in the Potager des Princes in Chantilly.
- The concerts of the Cziffra Foundation in Senlis present each year artists who are not to be missed.
A ticket for an exhibition!
- All year round, marvel at the exhibitions the Château de Chantilly, the Chantilly Lace Museum, the Art and Archeology Museum and the Senlis Hunting Museum. The works of the museums come out of the reserves or are loaned for the occasion around new themes. A unique opportunity to discover history illustrated by masterpieces.
- Senlis Artfair at the former church of St Pierre in Senlis: the most important exhibition in the south of the Oise. 100 artists from all over France, painters, sculptors and photographers present their latest creations. More than 700 works.
- Horse shows at the Great Stables of Chantilly, from April to October: several performances per week, for a one-hour show, magical, impressive and of exceptional quality. The Christmas show: Throughout the month of December, this show is designed for families and presents all the codes of Christmas magic.
- Festival "Senlis leads the dance" in November in the Ordener district of Senlis. A stage open to amateur dancers, eclectic shows presented by major companies including the Paris Opera, courses led by renowned professionals. For all or for seasoned dancers.
Shows at the Grandes Ecuries ©Jerzy Bukajlo Senlis leads the dance ©Ville de Senlis
- Jockey Club Prize early June. At the Chantilly racecourse, a prestigious event and flagship competition for 3-year-old colts.
- Polo Rider Cup in June. Game Polo is launching its new competition at the Polo Club du Domaine de Chantilly.
- Diane Longines Prize in June. The Chantilly racecourse hosts one of the biggest fillies races, the most elegant race of the year, concerts, events and hat contests.
- The Jumping International "Chantilly Classic in July. The most prestigious and internationally recognised equestrian event. The final of the national show jumping competition with several hundred horses.
- French Open Polo in September in Apremont. The French Cup with the best teams in France for an envied and prestigious title The event takes place on eight pitches in a natural setting, with beautiful sporting images and intense competitions.
- Horse Festival in September at the Château de Lamorlaye. THE Festival of horses of images and words offers a cultural program and meetings with artists, authors, directors invited to come and present their latest creations.
By car !
- Aumale Rally in April. From the village of the Chantilly polo club, enjoy a chic picnic while enjoying the festivities. The "polo match", "Contest of elegance", parade of vintage cars while waiting for the results of the rally.
- Chantilly Arts and elegance in the park of the Château de Chantilly in summer every 2 years. Elegantly dressed visitors, picnic, fashion show and luxury and collectible cars.
To your garden tools!
- Garden and gardening fair in the Ordener district in Senlis at the end of March. In the heart of spring, meet the many professionals present at the event: nurserymen, horticulturists, producers of rare plants, bulbs...Landscapists, craftsmen, editors and designers of garden furniture will also be there.
- Rose Days at the Domaine de Chaalis the 2nd weekend of June. This unmissable event brings together nearly 15,000 visitors around the queen of flowers, More than a hundred exhibitors – horticulturists, nurserymen, rose growers, artists or craftsmen – offer their products, share their advice with passion and celebrate the rose under all its cuttings. Exhibitions, workshops and conferences are on the program.
- Plant Days at the Château de Chantilly in May and October. Come and share, discover, visit, learn and celebrate plants. 200 nurseries from all over Europe present their most beautiful plants to us for three days and give us advice, in the magnificent setting of the gardens of the Château de Chantilly.
Chantilly Plant Days ©Jean-Pierre Delagarde Rose Days at Domaine de Chaalis ©Virginie Potdevin
Travel in time!
- Senlis Medieval Fair end of September every 2 years. Workshops, falconry shows, music, banquet, medieval market.
For sportive people !
- Castle Triathlon end of May. A shock triathlon in the park of the castle and in the forest for a sensory experience in Chantilly.
- Museum Night in May. A special opportunity to discover the tourist sites at night.
- National Archeology Days in Senlis the 3rd weekend of June. The arenas of Ier century open, guided tours by the History and Archeology Society, archeology workshops by the Oise Departmental Archeology Service, thematic exhibitions at the Museum of Art and Archeology.
- The festival of Music June 21st. The unmissable meeting place for music lovers in the Region. Singers and amateur or professional musicians make you vibrate, sing, dance on the pavement of the squares and alleys of Senlis and Chantilly.
- European Heritage Days the 3rd weekend of September the whole territory is getting dressed up to present treasures and marvels during exhibitions, workshops, visits, concerts, opening of properties...
- science fair in October at the Pavillon de Manse in Chantilly and in the Ordener district of Senlis, a unique moment to discover new techniques and biomimicry.
Music Festival National Archeology Days ©Ville de Senlis
- “Fear in the Park” at Parc Astérix in October-November. To shiver and scream in fear in an amusement park full of monsters for Halloween.
Live the magic of Christmas!
- Christmas markets at Domaine de Chaalis, Senlis, Gouvieux and Chantilly. Christmas shows at the Horse Museum in Chantilly, Senlis in celebration, concerts Christmas and New Year, Christmas at Parc Astérix…